AJAX Hub Manual
The AJAX Hub needs Internet access for connection to the cloud server of AJAX named AJAX Cloud. For setting up, control from any point of the world, the transmission of event notifications and update of the software. AJAX Cloud is located on the capacities of Amazon Web Services. Personal data and system operation logs are stored under multilevel protection, and information exchange with the Hub is carried out by an encrypted channel on a 24-hour basis.
To communicate with AJAX Cloud, the system uses Ethernet connection and GSM network of a mobile operator.
If possible, please use both of these channels. They will ensure more reliable communication between the Hub and AJAX Cloud.
The Hub settings allow users to customize the notifications. Choose what is more convenient for you: push notifications, SMS, or calls. If the AJAX system is connected to the central monitoring station of a security company, the alarm signal will be sent directly to it, bypassing the server.
Up to 100 AJAX devices can be connected to the hub. The protected Jeweller protocol ensures reliable communication between the devices. It has an operating range of up to 2 km.
1. Logo with a LED informing of the hub status
2. SmartBracket attachment panel (perforated part is required for actuating the tamper in case of any attempt to dismantle the hub)
3. Socket for connecting a power supply cable
4. Socket for connecting an Ethernet cable
5. Slot for installing a card of a cellular service provider (Micro SIM type)
6. QR code
7. Tamper button
8. On/Off button
When you click the power button, the AJAX logo lights up green for a second. Right after that, the logo changes its color to red, indicating that the hub is loading. When loading is complete, the color of the logo depends on the connection with Ajax Cloud.
If the hub is not connected to the power supply, the logo lights up for 3 minutes, then flashes every 20 seconds.
Lights white: Both communication channels are connected (Ethernet and GSM)
Lights bright green: One communication channel is connected
Lights red: The hub is not connected to the Internet or there is no communication with the server
2. Connect power supply and Ethernet cables to the sockets.
1 . Power Socket
2 . Ethernet socket
3 . SIM-card slot
The hub needs approximately 2 minutes to identify the available communication channels.
Bright green or white color of the logo notifies that the hub is connected to the server
If the Ethernet connection does not occur automatically, disable proxy, filtration by MAC addresses and activate the DHCP in the router settings — the hub will receive an IP address. During the next setup of the hub in the web application or mobile application, you will be able to set a static IP address.
To connect the hub to the GSM network, you need a micro-SIM card with the disabled PIN code request (PIN code request can be disabled using your mobile phone) and sufficient amount on the account to pay for the GPRS, SMS services and calls.
If the hub does not connect to the AJAX Cloud by the GSM network, use Ethernet to set up the network parameters in the web or mobile application. To set the access point, username and password correctly, please contact the support service of the operator.
The AJAX security system is set up by the app to which is connected with the administrator. The account with the information about the added hubs is placed on the cloud server AJAX Cloud in encrypted form.
User parameters of the AJAX security system and connected devices are stored locally on the hub and are inextricably connected with it. Any change of the hub administrator does not result in any failure in the settings of the connected devices.
Create an account in the Ajax system in the mobile app following the step-by-step guidance. As part of the process, you will need to confirm your e-mail address and mobile phone number.
Your account may combine the roles – administrator of one Hub, user of another Hub.
1. Login into your account.
2. Open the menu Add Hub and select the suitable method – manually or step-by-step guide.
3. At the registration stage, type the name of the hub and scan the QR code located under the lid (or enter a registration key manually).
4. Wait until the hub is registered and displayed on the application.
The hub should be reliably attached to the surface (vertical or horizontal). We strongly discourage using double-sided adhesive tape – it cannot guarantee secure attachment and simplifies disassembly of the device.
Do not place the hub:
- Outside the premises (outdoors)
- Nearby or inside any metal objects or mirrors causing attenuation and screening of the signal
- In places with low GSM signal and high radio interference level
- Within any premises with the temperature and humidity beyond the range of permissible limits.
Installation of the hub:
Put the hub on the cover and fix it with bundled screws.
Fix the hub cover on the surface using bundled screws. If you use any other fixing accessories, make sure that they do not damage or deform the hub lid.
Fixing the hub lid with screws prevents any accidental shifting of the hub and minimizes the risk of theft.
If the hub is securely attached, when dismantling the body from the surface, the tamper will be actuated, and you will receive the respective notice.
Without creating a room, you will not be able to add devices to the Ajax Security System app
The room is created in the mobile app using the menu Add Room.
Assign a name for the room, and optionally, attach (or make) a photo – you will easier find the required room in the list.
By pressing on the gear button go to the room set-up menu.
To delete a room, move all the devices stored in it to other rooms by the device setup menu.
Deleting the room will erase all its settings.
The device can be only added if the system is disarmed
1. Open a room in the mobile app and select the option Add Device.
2. Name the device, scan the QR code (or insert the ID manually), select the room and go to the next step.
3. When the app starts to search and launches countdown, switch on the device – it will blink once with a LED. For the detection and pairing to occur, the device should be located within the coverage area of the wireless network of the hub (at a single protected object).
Request for connection to the hub is transmitted for a short time at the time of switching on the device
If the connection to the hub failed on the first try, switch off the device for 5 seconds and try again.
Up to 10 cameras or DVRs that support RTSP protocol can be connected to the AJAX Hub.
- Users who have access to your security system, what rights are granted to them, how the Hub notifies of events.
- Ethernet: Setup of the Ethernet connection.
- GSM: Switching on/off cellular communication, set-up of the connection and verification of the account.
- Geofence: A reminder of arming/disarming the security system from the intrusion detection mode, if a specific zone is crossed.
- Groups: Groups mode settings.
- Detection zone test: Testing the detection zone of the devices connected to the hub.
- Jeweller: Identification of the hub-detector inquiry interval and the number of undelivered data packets.
- Service: A group of service settings of the Hub.
Monitoring Station: Connection to the CMS settings.
PRO: PRO-accounts on the Hub.
Security Companies: Security companies in your region.
User location is determined based on the data of the GPS antenna and iBeacon beacons (only for Apple equipment).
To return the hub to the factory default settings, switch it on, then hold the power button for 30 seconds (logo will start blinking red).
At the same time, all the connected detectors, room settings and user settings will be deleted.
User profiles will remain connected to the system.
After adding the hub to the account, you will become the administrator of this device. One hub can have up to 50 users/administrators. The administrator can invite users to the security system and determine their rights.
Arming / Disarming
Notices are received after arming/disarming
SMS and Push-notification
Notices of intrusion, fire, flood
SMS, Push-notification and Call
Notices of events related to the AJAX WallSwitch, Relay control
SMS and Push-notification
Notices of the lost communication, jamming, low battery charge or opening of the detector body
SMS and Push-notification
- Push notification is sent by AJAX Cloud to the AJAX Security system app, if the Internet connection is available.
- SMS is sent to the phone number indicated by the user during registration of the AJAX account.
- A phone call means that the hub will call the phone number specified in the AJAX account.
The hub calls only in case of alarm to get your attention and reduce the feasibility of you missing a critical alert. It is recommended to enable this type of notification. The hub consecutively calls all users who have enabled this type of notification in the order specified in the Users Settings. If the second alarm occurs, the hub will make a call again but not more than once in 2 minutes.
The call is automatically dropped as soon as you answer it.
We recommend you to save the phone number associated with the hub SIM card in your contacts list.
Connection to the central monitoring station (CMS) is possible via the Contact ID or SIA protocols.
When you are interested in this service please contact us for more details.
Check the operational capability of the AJAX security system on a regular basis.
Clean the body of the hub from dust, spider webs and other contaminants as they appear. Use soft dry napkin suitable for equipment maintenance.
Do not use any substances containing alcohol, acetone, gasoline and other active solvents for cleaning the hub.
While installing and using the hub, follow the general electrical safety regulations for using electrical appliances, as well as the requirements of regulatory legal acts on electrical safety.
It is strictly prohibited to disassemble the device under voltage! Do not use the device with a damaged power cable.
If you want the best security system in Spain installed by us, choose installation.