AJAX StreetSiren Manual
The AJAX StreetSiren is a wireless street siren with the capacity up to 113 dB. It can be quickly installed and set up, is furnished with bright LEDs, and can operate from a power unit or up to 5 years from batteries.
StreetSiren operates within the Ajax security system, by connecting via the protected Jeweller protocol to the hub. The communication range is up to 1,500 meters if there are no obstacles.
The siren is set up via a mobile application for iOS and Android-based smartphones or a web application. The user is notified of all events through push notifications, SMS messages and calls (if activated).
Operates only with AJAX hubs.
1. LED frame
2. Light indicator
3. Siren buzzer under the metal net
4. SmartBracket attachment panel
5. External power supply connection terminals
6. QR code
7. On/off button
8. Place of fixing the SmartBracket panel with a screw
The siren significantly improves the efficiency of the security system, being the most operational means of response to the intrusion into a protected area. With a high probability, its alarm signal and the light indication will be sufficient to frighten away the intruders.
The device is furnished with a powerful buzzer and bright LEDs – StreetSiren can be seen and heard from far. Subject to correct installation, it would be hard to dismount and deactivate the actuated siren: the body is firm, the buzzer is protected by a metal net, there is an autonomous power supply and even the on/off button is locked in case of alarm.
StreetSiren has no tamper to detect removal or tearing-off from the attachment, an accelerometer (motion detector) is used instead. If the accelerometer is switched on, the alarm will be actuated, if the siren is dismounted.
Before starting connection:
1. Following the hub instruction recommendations, install the AJAX application on your smartphone. Create an account, add the hub to the application, and create at least one room.
2. Go to the AJAX application.
3. Switch on the hub and check the internet connection (via Ethernet cable and/or GSM network).
4. Ensure that the hub is disarmed and does not start updates by checking its status in the mobile application.
Only users with administrative privileges can add the device to the hub.
1. Select the Add Device option in the AJAX application.
2. Name the device, scan/write manually the QR Code (located on the body and packaging), and select the location room.
3. Select Add — the countdown will begin.
4. Switch on the device (by pressing on/off button for 3 seconds).
The on/off button is recessed in the body and is rather stiff, you may use a thin solid object to press it
The StreetSiren siren operates only with the AJAX security system. Up to 10 sirens may be connected to the hub.
Request for connection to the hub is transmitted for a short time at the time of switching on the device.
If the connection to the Ajax hub failed, the siren will switch off after 6 seconds. To retry the connection, you do not need to turn off the device.
If the device was already assigned to another hub, switch off StreetSiren, then perform the standard adding procedure.
The siren connected to the hub will appear in the list of devices of the hub in the application. Update of the siren statuses in the list depends on the device inquiry time set in the hub settings, with the default value – 36 seconds.
Temperature: Temperature of the device. Measured on the processor and changes gradually
Signal Strength: Signal strength between the hub and the siren
Connection: Connection status between the hub and the siren
Battery Charge: Battery level of the device
Lid: The tamper mode of the device, which reacts to the detachment of or damage to the body
External Power: State of the sirens external power
Alarm Volume: Volume level in case of alarm
Alarm Duration: Duration of the alarm sound
Alarm if moved: The siren will be actuated, if you turn over the body or tear off the device from the attachment
Armed mode indication: If active, the siren LED blinks once every 3 seconds when the security system is armed
Beep when arming/disarming: If active, the siren warns about arming and disarming by blinking with LED frame and a short sound signal
Beep on delay: If active, siren will beep delays (available in devices with firmware version 3.50 and later)
Firmware: Siren firmware version
Device ID: Device identifier
First field: Device name, can be edited
Room: Selecting the virtual room to which the device is assigned
Alarm Volume: One of the three volume levels of the siren is set up (85 dB to 113 dB at a distance of 1 m)
Alarm Duration: The setting determines how long the siren sounds, if the alarm is activated (from 3 to 180 seconds per each actuation)
Alarm if moved: The siren will be actuated, if you turn over the body or tear off the device from the attachment.
The built-in accelerometer needs about a minute to stabilize its position. Take time to check the operating capacity of the function in case of its activation until this time expires.
Armed mode indication: If active, the siren LED lights up with a pause of 2 seconds when the security system is armed
Beep when arming/disarming: If active, the siren warns about arming/disarming by the light of the LED ring and a short sound signal
Beep on delay: If active, siren will beep delays (available in devices with firmware version 3.50 and later)
Volume test: Start a volume test of the siren
Signal Strength Test: Switches the device to the signal strength test mode
Attenuation Test: Switches the siren to the signal fade test mode (available in devices with firmware version 3.50 and later)
User Guide: Opens the siren User Guide
Unpair Device: Disconnects the siren from the hub and deletes its settings
Alarm: Emits an acoustic signal (the duration depends on the settings) and the LED frame blinks red
Switching on the device: LED ring lights up and goes out once
Switching off the device: The LED ring will light up for 1 second, then blink three times
Registration failed: LED in the corner blinks 6 times, then the entire LED ring blinks 3 times and the siren switches off
Security system is armed (if indication activated): Blinks once with the LED ring and emits a short sound signal
Security system is disarmed (if the indication is activated): Blinks twice with the LED ring and emits two short sound signals
Siren in the armed mode (if the indication is activated): LED in the corner lights up with a pause of 2 seconds
Battery low: LED in the corner lights up and goes out when the system is armed/disarmed, the alarm is actuated in case of dismounting or unauthorized opening
The AJAX security system allows conducting tests for checking the functionality of connected devices.
The tests do not start straight away but within a period of 36 seconds when using the standard settings. The test time start depends on the settings of the siren scanning period (the paragraph on “Jeweller” settings in hub settings).
Volume Level Test
Signal Strength Test
Location of the StreetSiren determines its remoteness from the hub and presence of any obstacles between the devices, hindering the radio signal and sound transmission: walls, inserted floors, large-size objects located within the room.
The communication range is up to 1,500 meters if there are no obstacles, please consider it when choosing an installation place for StreetSiren.
If the signal level is one division, we cannot guarantee stable operation of the security system. Take possible measures to improve the quality of the signal! As a minimum, move the device – even 20 cm shift can significantly improve the quality of reception.
If, after moving, the device still has a low or unstable signal strength, use a radio signal range extender ReX.
The siren body has the dust/moisture protection class IP54 – the device may be placed outdoors. Recommended installation height – 2.5 meters and more. This will complicate the access to the device for intruders in case of entering.
In installing and operating the StreetSiren, follow the general electrical safety regulations for using electrical appliances, as well as the requirements of regulatory legal acts on electrical safety.
Before installing the siren, make sure that you have selected the optimal location and it is in compliance with the conditions contained in this manual
1. The StreetSiren siren can operate up to 5 years from pre-installed batteries (subject to the inquiry frequency by the hub of 1 minute) or approximately 5 hours of the buzzer sound. If you want to use the external power supply (12 V), then drill a hole for wires in the SmartBracket attachment. Prior to installation, make sure that there is no damage of the wire insulation.
You need to drill a hole in SmartBracket to lead out a wire of the external power supply
2. Fix the SmartBracket panel on the surface using bundled screws. After selecting other attachment hardware, make sure that they do not damage or deform the panel.
We warn away from using double-sided adhesive tape for either temporary or all the more permanent attachment of the siren.
3. Put the siren on the SmartBracket panel and turn it clockwise. Fix the device with a screw. Fixing the siren attachment with a screw will minimize the risk of spontaneous theft of the device.
Do not install the siren:
Check the operational capability of the StreetSiren on a regular basis.
Clean the siren body from dust, spider web and other contaminationsas as they appear. Do not use for cleaning the siren any substances containing alcohol, acetone, gasoline and other active solvents.
The siren can operate up to 5 years from pre-installed batteries (subject to the inquiry frequency by the hub of 1 minute) or approximately 5 hours of the buzzer sound. In case of the battery discharge, the security system will send the respective notices and the corner LED will smoothly light up and go out if arming/disarming the system (if the indication is activated), if the alarm is actuated, in the event of dismounting, or unauthorized opening.
1. Turn off the siren external power supply, if applicable.
2. Unscrew the locking screw at the bottom of the siren with a PH2 cross screwdriver.
When replacing the batteries, do not remove the plastic frame and do not take out the LED strip from its mounting seat.
If you have removed the plastic frame or the LED strip, please follow the following manual 4 pictures further on to assemble them again!
9. Fix the plastic frame in the siren body trying not to clamp the LED strip. For example, using binders (51 mm) or clamps.
It is necessary to change all the batteries at once to ensure proper operation of the siren.
It is not recommended installing used or damaged batteries.
11. Remove the binders by holding the plastic frame and put back the metal grating (the AJAX logo located on the side of the LED strip connection to the board) exerting slight effort. When properly installed, the metal grating will protrude over the plastic frame by 1-1.5 mm at most.
12. Turn the siren over while holding the front and back of the body, and tighten 4 screws.
13. Turn the siren on and check the battery status in the mobile application. The information regarding the battery status will be updated during the next polling of the siren by the hub (by default — not more than 36 seconds).
14. Install the siren back and connect the external power supply. Secure the siren in the mount with a bundled bolt.
Follow the steps below to fix it.
1. Fold and fix the LED strip without twisting it so as not to interfere with the installation of the plastic frame.
2. Install the plastic frame inside the siren body. The joint of the rubber frame gasket corresponds to the LED strip connection site.
3. Secure the plastic frame inside the siren body with 51 mm binders or clamps and carefully place the LED strip in the gap between the siren body and the frame handling its initial section as shown in the figure.
4. If the LED strip is properly installed, the rubber frame gasket will protrude by 1-2 mm over the edge of the strip.
If the rubber sealing cord falls out of the plastic frame lay it back down by stretching it slightly.
The ends of the cord must converge with a minimum gap at the site of the LED strip connection.
2. SmartBracket mounting panel
3. Battery CR123A (pre-installed) – 4 pcs
4. Installation kit
5. Quick Start Guide
Have a look at our information page about the StreetSiren or order the StreetSiren through our webshop (webshop opens in a new tab).